- Utelly provides a service which gives you information about TV programmes and online content and the means to control your TV channels and record your favourite content using your mobile device. We at Utelly respect the privacy of everyone who uses the Utelly mobile app (our “App”), and our website and all related services which we may provide to you from time to time. In this document we refer to Utelly.com Limited as “Utelly” “us”, “we” or “our” and we refer to you as “you” and “your”.
- You should note in particular the first paragraph of section 3 below, which sets out how we collect and use metadata on video files in user accounts and video devices you use the App to access.
2. About us
- We are Utelly Limited. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales. Our company number is 08466031, and our registered office is Treviot House, 186-192 High Road, Ilford, IG1 1LR, United Kingdom
3. Information we collect about you, and how we collect it
- Note that the App will collect information (“metadata”) embedded in any video content file on any TV content provider user account (e.g. your Sky TV or BT TV account) or any smart TV or set top box device you use the App to access. We will store the login details of any account or device you use the App to access. We at Utelly only store the username – the password is held on the version of the App installed on your mobile device.
- We may also collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
- Your email address – we may obtain this when you sign up using email, or because you use a social network linked to that email to sign up to our services, or because the email is linked to a video device (e.g. a smart TV) you use by means of the App;
- information that you provide us with when you fill in forms when using our App, or when you create an account with us;
- details of your use of our App (for example, information about how and when you use the App, or what device you use to access our App);
- the recordings, content and other resources that you access by means of the App,
- information embedded in any video content file (“metadata”) on any TV content provider user account (e.g. your Sky TV or BT TV account) or any smart TV or set top box device you use the App to access;
- if you contact us or respond to messages and communications that we send to you, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- your interactions with us on our social media channels;
- your social media interactions initiated via our App (such as sharing details of an item of content);
- purchases of content linked to from our App;
- information about your likes/dislikes of content, whether on TV or online;
- your login details for Facebook, Twitter and other social networking tools you use in connection with the App; and
- information we collect via cookies, as explained further below.
- We use those technologies for the following purposes:
- to allow us to recognise you and your device, for example by identifying your IP address;
- to allow our App to interact with a third party social network or platform (where you have chosen to allow such interaction);
- to allow our payment processors to process your payment instructions;
- to provide you with App more specifically tailored to you, e.g. in the language local to you;
- to help selected partners deliver online and on-air experiences tailored to you; and
- to obtain data which will allow us to understand how people are using our services so that we can improve them.
- We may advertise our App on mobile devices. Ad identifiers (such as Apple’s ID for advertising or IDFA) are not permanent and not personal to you as an individual. When we advertise our App on mobile devices, we may use your device’s advertising identifier and other information associated with it. We may hold this information ourselves or it may be provided to us by our advertising network partners, to help us to deliver ads that relate to your interests and to improve and measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns. By changing the settings of your device, you can choose to prevent your device’s ad identifier being used for interest based advertising, or you can reset your device’s ad identifier
5. Payment Information
- If you purchase content or services on our website(s), we may collect certain payment information from you on behalf of our payment service providers. When you purchase items via the App (such as those you can purchase in the Apple App Store) we do not collect or store any payment information from you.
6. Use we make of your personal information
- You agree that we (or a supplier or group company acting on our behalf and only under our instructions) may use your Personal Data for the purposes of:
- improving the App and our other services, including by better informing our video content recommendations made to users such as you;
- contacting you, for example to answer a question you have put to us, or to send you updates about our App, or ask your feedback and input on our App.
- managing your account and relationship with us and improving your experience when you use our App;
- research, surveying, and engaging with you, for example by sending you communications (including by email) for these purposes;
- marketing and promotion of our App or related products, for example sending you communications (including by SMS, email or other electronic means) for these purposes. These communications might be for our own services, or on behalf of a third party. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com;
- to create reports, analysis or similar services for use by us for the purposes of research or business intelligence, for example to track potential problems or trends with our App;
- anonymisation of data of in-app activity (this may or may not be aggregated with the anonymised data of other users);
- preventing crime or fraud. We may also need to pass your information to fraud prevention agencies and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention; and
7. People to whom we may disclose your Personal Data
- We will only share your data with third parties (for example, our group companies or suppliers) where:
- To the extent that we reasonably consider is permitted by law or regulation;
- It is as reasonably necessary in order to provide the App to you (for example, by providing your Personal Data to suppliers we may use to fulfil the App or to communicate with you);
- It is necessary to carry out your instructions (for example, to process a payment instruction we must provide your Personal Data to our payment processors);
- We have anonymised or aggregated the data – that means that you could not be personally identified from it;
- When you interact with our social media channels (for example, by providing a testimonial about one of our App) we may publish the information you submitted, alongside your name and home country on our website and social media channels;
- So that we can comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and/or any other agreement with you;
- or to protect the intellectual property or other rights of Utelly, our users, or others;
8. Interaction with 3rd party social networks or platforms
- You may allow our App to interact with a third party social network or platform (e.g. Facebook or Twitter), which may provide Personal Data about you to us. These applications or websites are created and maintained by a third party. They are not a part of Utelly, nor are they controlled by Utelly. You must take care to read their privacy policies (and any relevant terms of service) – that will help you understand how they treat your data and what data they might share with us.
- You understand that where you allow your account with us to interact with any third party social network or platform, we may share data about you with your contacts (and your contacts may also share about you). This data includes your name, social handle, social media profile picture and your activity whilst using the App.
- You can make changes to what data a third party social network or platform shares with us, or stop our App interacting with that social network or platform by adjusting your settings with that third party provider. Please note that this may result in you being unable to fully use the full range of functions on the App.
9. Keeping your data
10. Storing and transferring your Personal Data outside the EEA
11. Steps we take to ensure your Personal Data is safe and secure
- We are very keen to ensure that your Personal Data is held securely. We maintain appropriate technical and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction or loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, use and all other unlawful forms of processing of the data in our possession. We use the same level of skill in protecting your Personal Data as other similar service providers. Despite these safeguards, because the internet is not a completely secure medium we cannot guarantee that information you transmit via the App will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our safeguards.
12. Links for our App
13. Your rights in relation to your Personal Data
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org As permitted by law, we may make an administration charge of £10 to help cover our costs of processing this request.
- We want to make sure that your Personal Data is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to modify, correct or remove information by contacting us at the email address above.
- Please be aware that Personal Data that you have shared via our App on any social network or third party platform cannot be amended or deleted by us where it is in the control of that social network or third party platform. In addition, where any third party copies information which you have made available via the use of our App (for example, one of your friends on a social network you allow to interact with your account), we may not be able to amend or delete it because it may not be in our control.
- You have the right to ask us not to use your Personal Data for marketing purposes. To change your marketing preferences, or to unsubscribe from marketing communications, please contact us at email@example.com.
14. How to contact us
- To find out more about how your Personal Data will be used, or if you are unhappy with our use of your Personal Data, we would like to help if we can. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Legal Matters